The Twin Platte Natural Resources District (NRD), in collaboration with JEO Consulting Group, Inc. is in the process of updating their 2011 Multi-Jurisdictional Hazard Mitigation Plan (HMP). The NRD’s existing HMP was approved by FEMA and adopted by participating jurisdictions in August 2011. FEMA requires that an HMP be updated and approved within a five year period. A hazard mitigation plan is a community-guided document that identifies vulnerability to natural and man-made hazards, and mitigation projects to reduce or eliminate this vulnerability. Having an approved and updated plan enables your community to be stronger and more resilient by:
- Reducing your community’s risk and potential impacts from hazards and disasters such as: tornadoes, flooding, drought, hail, severe winter storms, agricultural plant and animal diseases, wildfire, chemical spills, etc.;
- Gaining eligibility for pre- and post-disaster mitigation grants, and
- Building partnerships within your community and across counties.
The planning area for the Twin Platte NRD HMP includes the counties of: Arthur, Keith, Lincoln, and McPherson. We invited all communities, schools, fire and police departments, hospitals, nursing homes, and special districts to participate in this process. For additional information or questions, please contact Phil Luebbert.
For more information about the Twin Platte NRD, please visit their website.
Plan Approval and Adoption
The Twin Platte NRD Multi-Jurisdictional Hazard Mitigation Plan has received “approval upon local adoption” by the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA). At this point, each plan participant must adopt the plan at the local level. If you have any questions, or would like to see an example plan adoption resolution, please contact Phil Luebbert.
Hazard Mitigation Plan
- Table of Contents
- Regional Plan
- Appendix A – Twin Platte NRD Participant Section
- Appendix B – Arthur County Participant Sections
- Appendix C – Keith County Participant Sections
- Appendix D – Lincoln County Participant Sections
- Appendix E – McPherson County Participant Sections
- Appendix F – Irrigation Districts Participant Sections
- Procedural Appendix A
- Procedural Appendix B
- Procedural Appendix C
- Procedural Appendix D
- Procedural Appendix E
|Jeff Henson, CFM