JEO has established the most advanced community engagement practices in the region to support the project and policy needs of our clients.
A key component for any community development effort, civil engineering, or environmental project is public consensus and support for the initiative. To achieve this, JEO uses a community-informed solutions approach, which incorporates the full spectrum of public participation techniques, conflict management practices, and the science of risk communication.
Projects tend to lose public support when key stakeholders affected by an initiative perceive they are being left out of the process in reaching a solution for the planned action—but JEO understands how to identify, engage, and mobilize key stakeholders, target constituents, and communities. We involve them early, seek to understand their values, and collect input that can be used to develop a community-informed solution.
Through thoughtfully planned stakeholder engagement and properly crafted public information materials, we can help our clients:
- Enhance public understanding of the need for a project
- Foster the acceptance of innovative approaches and technologies
- Involve the public in a decision-making process
- Demonstrate transparency and credibility
- Minimize, if not prevent, the potential for controversy
- Reach community-informed and community-supported solutions
JEO’s community engagement professionals are trained and committed practitioners in the best management practices of the International Association of Public Participation (IAP2). In fact, our team is led by the first IAP2 Master Certified Public Participation Professional in North America.
Public Involvement & Stakeholder Engagement
- Plans and Strategy
- Stakeholder Analysis
- One-on-One Stakeholder Engagement
- Online and Social Media Engagement
- News Media Relations and Public Notifications
- NEPA and Other Regulatory Compliance
- Public Forums
- Open House Public Meetings
- Traditional Town Hall Meetings
- Advisory Groups
- Project Site Tours
- Planning Charrettes
- Internal Project Strategy Sessions
- Multi-party Stakeholder Forums
- Vision Groups
- Working Groups
- Boards and Committees
- Focus Groups
- Public Meetings
Advocacy & Campaigns
- Project and Policy Needs
- Policy and Stakeholder Compliance
- Funding, Bonds, and Policy Ballot Measures
- Client Policy Development
- Risk Communication
- Community and Media Relations
- Conflict Management and Negotiation
For more information about JEO’s community engagement services, click here.